written and edited by Lynn Gerena ( Ashe Darkthorne )
Seems like a “big time” exclusive has been leaked prior to E3.
The first details of Respawn Entertainment’s debut game Titanfall has leaked. According to a user on NeoGaf who posted an image from the latest digital edition of Game Informer Magazine of the magazine’s cover.
The game is set to be exclusive to Xbox and PC also the Xbox360 version is being done by another company.
Here are some other points that are about the article and game that was posted on NeoGaf.
* Xbox One, PC
* Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
* Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it
* Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
* They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.
* Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
* Campaign Multiplayer, "traditional" multiplayer mode, and a "One-Player Mode".
* Spring 2014 Release Date
* There are a good amount of screens. In my opinion it visually looks pretty nice.
* First person shooter
* "Mech" and ground combat
* "Mech's" are called Titans.
* They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc..
* If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
* Player characters are called Pilots (male and female)
* They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
* They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
* You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
* Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.
* There are AI enemies on the maps.
* You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
* Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
* Source gives them 60 fps
* Modified Source - "Rewriting major portions of it".
* Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc.
* Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
* Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
* Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
* Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people.
* Progression system. No details yet
Of course this is all coming to you from the guys who were previously with Infinity Ward. Look for more info in the coming weeks on TitanFall.